At the beginning of the month Vegan.com put together a list of of his favorite vegan cookbook recipes for the year. I must have been sleeping, somehow I missed it. But I also read the Vegan Planet blog, and Robin posted about it today.
Having reviewed the recipes with Jane earlier, we feel compelled to share this with our readers who might not visit these sites. Some of these recipes look very interesting. And since they rate as “top 10” they’re probably very worthy of a test drive.
The recipes that make the cut are:
- Plantain Omelet – From Mark Reinfeld and Bo Rinaldi’s Vegan Fusion World Cuisine
- Thai Coconut Corn Soup – From Nava Atlas’ Vegan Express
- Indonesian Coconut Rice – From Robin Robertson’s Vegan Fire & Spice
- Baked Ziti – From Beverly Lynn Bennett’s Vegan Bites
- Moroccan Phyllo Rolls – From Dreena Burton’s Eat, Drink & Be Vegan
- Italian Stuffed Crepes – From Bryanna Clark Grogan’s Nonna’s Italian Kitchen
- Chickpea Curry – From Hema Parekh’s The Asian Vegan Kitchen
- Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding – From Isa Chandra Moskowtiz and Terry Hope Romano’s Veganomicon
- Root Beer Float Cupcakes – From Hannah Kaminsky’s My Sweet Vegan
- Fresh Mango Cobler – From Ani Phyo’s Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen
Make sure to visit Vegan.com for the actual recipes, if you don’t already own these cookbooks. We’ll let you know what we think after we’ve tried them, but Jane wants me to put a caveat here: We have amassed a ton of “must try” recipes. So it isn’t likely that we’ll get through this list in the immediate future. Be sure to let us know what you think!