Pritchard’s Proper Vegan Chickpea Curry
Pritch gives a classic curry a vegan twist!
- (About a teaspoon of each)
- Cumin Seeds
- Turmeric Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Chili Powder
- Cumin Powder
- Gara Masala Powder
- Fresh Coriander
- 2 x Bay Leaves
- Ginger (1 thumb)
- Garlic (5 cloves)
- 2 x Onions
- Jar of Tomato Passata
- Wild Basmati Rice
- x1 can of fresh chickpeas
- Chop up your onion into bite sized pieces
- Peel and slice up your garlic cloves into small as possible pieces. Season with salt, then use the knife to crush the garlic into a paste.
- Get a thumb sized piece of ginger and chop up into thin slices. Then crush down into a paste with the knife.
- Heat an oiled pan on the stove (Pritch uses Rape seed oil) then once heated, add the cumin seeds.
- Add all of the prepared Garlic, Ginger and Onion and fry from approx. 4 mins
- Once the onion is browned, add the Bay Leaves
- Add the Tomato Passata to the pan
- Add all of your spices and mix
- If needed, add a small amount of water to the mix to loosen it all up
- Add the Chickpeas and mix
- Add approx. 1 table spoon of lemon juice, and either 2 teaspoons of sugar of the Agave syrup
- Season with salt and pepper and the leave to simmer from approx. 30 min. (The longer you leave it the better it will taste!!!!)
- Put on your rice or other base
- Add coriander approx 5 mins before serving
- Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy!
Full description at http://pritchardspropervegancookin.co…