This gluten-free pull-apart bread, courtesy of So Delicious, is perfect for a sweet breakfast or a casual dessert.
- 3 C. Gluten-free Flour Blend (we used 1:1 gluten-free baking flour by Bob’s Redmill)
- 1/2 C. Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 C. Vegan Butter, cold and cubed
- 1 C. Plain So Delicious Dairy Free Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ C. Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- ½ C. Red Apple, diced
- 1/4 C. Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C. Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 C. So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconutmilk
- 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Salt, or less, to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Prepare the Bread Dough:
- Prepare 4 mini loaf pans or a small bundt pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the turbinado sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Blend the gluten-free flour blend, cane sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the vegan butter to the bowl and combine, using a pastry cutter.
- Add the Coconutmilk yogurt alternative and gently mix until soft dough is formed.
- Gently roll small spoons of dough into ball and coat with the turbinado sugar and cinnamon mixture. Work quickly to avoid warming the butter in the dough.
- As you work, fill the pan(s) with balls of dough. Avoid creating mounds that are too high, and allow cracks for the topping to fall into.
- Allow the dough to rest at room temperature while you make the topping.
Add the Apple-walnut Topping:
- Toss the diced apple in the cinnamon to coat.
- Heat the Culinary Coconutmilk on low. Stirring constantly, add the brown sugar, salt & vanilla. Once the sugar is dissolved, incorporate the apples and walnuts and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the topping over the dough; not too much, just enough to sit on top.
Bake the Monkey Bread:
- Bake the loaves for 30 minutes, until tops are browned.
- Cool in the loaves for 10 minutes before turning out of the pan.